Easy Casserole Recipe
This very easy casserole recipe made from hamburger meat and seasonal vegetables is healthy, elegant and easy way to feed your family.
¼ cup olive oil
1 large onion, sliced to half moons
1 large bell pepper, deseeded and diced
2 large carrots or handful baby ones, diced
4 little zucchini, diced
2 tablespoons water
salt, pepper to taste
½ cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
2lb (1kg) extra lean hamburger meat
3 tablespoons seasoning, Italian seasoning or any seasoning you like
1. Preheat nonstick skillet to medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil, onion, pepper and carrots. Sauté them for 2 minutes.
3. Add zucchini and continue to sauté until first signs of caramelization starts. It will take from 5-7 minutes.
4. Then add water and let the vegetables soften for 3 more minutes.
5. Salt and pepper, add yogurt and close the heat.
6. Take oven safe dish and cover the bottom with 1lb (454g) meat.
7. Sprinkle half of the seasoning on top.
8. Add salt and pepper.
9. Place all the vegetables on top of the meat.
10. Then add the rest of the meat on top of the vegetables.
11. Sprinkle the rest of seasoning, salt and pepper.
12. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
13. Pop into oven for 45 minutes.
14. Take out and serve.
To add my Moroccan “Twist”: add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of cumin instead of the seasoning.
Have A Great, Easy Beef Recipe?
Share It With The World
Do you have a great, easy beef recipes? Share it!
Back from Easy Casserole Recipe to Easy Beef Recipes